Facebook, Twitter, Flickr, blogs… Want to get your business on the social networking fast track? The Franklin Chamber of Commerce has joined with the Jackson County Chamber of Commerce to offer a social media marketing workshop. This workshop will give you hands-on training to help you harness the power of social media and making it work for your business or organization.
The workshop will be held Tuesday, Jan. 25, from 9 a.m. until 2 p.m. at The Center for New Mountain Business, located at 673 Siler Road, Franklin.
Lunch will be provided. Seminar fees are $10 for Franklin and Jackson County Chamber members and $20 for non-chamber members. RSVP is required and payment should be made to either Chamber by Jan. 21. Computers will not be provided; laptops encouraged.
Scott Dickson of Dickson Interactive, LLC, will present information on:
• Blogging: Why it is important, getting started and how to move forward.
• Facebook: Setting up profiles, groups and pages. How, what and when to post.
• Twitter: Learn how to set up and grow your followers, posting and more.
• Flickr and YouTube: Information on how to set up and uploading content.
• Linkedin: Joining groups and connecting with others in order to get your message out.
Dickson is a seasoned internet consultant and has been helping businesses and organizations define and reach their target audiences for nearly 15 years.