Hosted by Duke Power
America has a long and proud tradition of volunteer service and the same hold true for the Franklin area. Duke Power wants to recognize these efforts by honoring a citizen in the community with the Duke Power Citizenship and Service Award.
In addition to the Duke Award, nominations are also being accepted for the Citizen of the Year and Organization of the Year. The awards will be presented during the Banquet in late January, 2012. This banquet will combine the former Annual Awards &Installation Banquet and the Chamber’s Annual Meeting. A dinner will be served and tickets are available.
Written nominations are being accepted at the Franklin Chamber of Commerce through Jan. 11. A selection committee made up of community leaders will review all of the nominations, examine supporting information and vote for the recipients.
Selection criteria for the awards is as follows:
• Recognize activities that set a standard and foster a culture for citizenship, service and community responsibility.
• Demonstrate a commitment to service and/or civic participation over a sustained period.
• Demonstrate one or more of the following business values:
• Integrity--Behave ethically, tell the truth, keep commitments, meet both the spirit and letter of the law.
• Stewardship--Care about people and the world in which we love. Operate safely. Be environmentally responsible and strengthen our communities.
• Inclusion--Value diversity and respect the dignity of each person. Value differences in people & perspectives. Build relationships based on mutual trust. Recognize the contributions of every individual.
• Initiative--Lead the Way
• Teamwork--Work together to achieve superior results, supply and rely on each other, demonstrate clear and open communications.
• Accountability--Take responsibility for actions, live out values, set clear goals, measure results and seek to improve. Build and protect reputation.
All nomination forms should be delivered to the Franklin Chamber of Commerce, 425 Porter Street. For more information on the Duke Power Citizenship & Service award, contact Linda Harbuck at (828) 525-3161.